Pages



Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Short, Sweet and to the Point!!!



Well after a wonderful evening with a long lost friend I have come to share. I had an awesome night of girl talk over Mexican tortilla soup with a long lost friend from high school this evening and it was awesome. I can honestly say that Facebook is responsible for many rekindled friendships. This post is going to be short and sweet because I am ......well sleepy! I wanted to share another present made for my mom on mother's day!! This was my VERY FIRST ATTEMPT at a stacked wall cross.



This stacked cross is on a 16 * 20 frame which I stained myself. Wood Stain...I have a love/love relationship with wood stain. I love the way it looks and brings out everything beautiful about bare wood but I would love it even more if I was an expert on the art of staining wood. Since this is such a labor of love for me I was patient with the wood stain and in the end I feel like it made this piece look very nice! Mom loved it so much she made Dad hang it that very weekend! My cross now hangs in the center off all of her other cherished crosses!



Also,

Please go check out my friend Kelsey's blog, Kreated By Kelsey. She is the girl who created my blog. She does a great job and is very sweet!! Thanks so much for the support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment