Pages



Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sew Pretty...

I would love to learn how to sew. I love to search for things people have made for their kids or house. My parents and in-laws both bought me a sewing machine for Christmas this year and sadly they are still in the box....both sewing machines. Please don't hate me....I have just been SUPER busy and had no time to dig in! Soooo...maybe after a while I will be able to feature things I have sewn instead of glued or nailed together. If anyone wants to come over and teach me.....by all means I'm ready to learn! My mother-in-law decided she wanted to become a quilter in the past few years and has turned Patrick's old room into her new sewing room. When her birthday rolled around this year it hit me like a ton of bricks....I wanted to make her a sewing box. Now, anyone who has any sort of hobby knows that with hobbies comes stuff. This is stuff that you NEED. I love boxes....and bins....and organizational things especially when they are pretty to hold all of my necessities for crafting....I'm pretty sure quilters NEED the same thing. So, I made this for my wonderful, bestest, most amazing mother-in-law in the world (maybe she will teach me a thing or two).



Yep....its a box. A really pretty box. I used Graphic 45 paper on this (if you haven't seen Graphic 45 paper you are missing out). It turned out just as I envisioned. She loved it and even recommended that I make some to sell. Well I am gonna do just that! Stay tuned for these lovely boxes. Yep a box....who would of thought a box could make someone so happy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment